The Best Gluten Free Brownies plus a give-away!
Last week I was looking for a quick dessert for a party and came across David Lebovitz’s gluten free brownie recipe. I wanted to make them and knew I would need to alter the recipe to be corn free and refined sugar free. The results are fabulous and David gets all the credit for creating a standout brownie!
Make these brownies and then check out the Give-away info below!!
The Best Gluten Free Brownies (grain free, refined sugar free, dairy free option)
Adapted from David Lebovitz
6 tablespoons butter (or coconut oil)
8 ounces Dark chocolate,
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut palm sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
3 tablespoons arrowroot starch
optional: 1 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
1. Line the inside of an 8-inch or 9-inch square pan with foil (I used an 11×7 rectangle). Grease the foil and preheat the oven to 350º.
2. Melt the butter, chocolate, and salt in a medium saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
3. Remove from heat and beat in the coconut palm sugar, then the eggs, one at a time.
4. Sift the cocoa powder and arrowroot starch in a small bowl then stir them into the chocolate mixture. Beat the batter vigorously for at least 2 minutes, until the batter is no longer grainy. If you do not beat it enough, the brownies will be crumbly.
5. Add the nuts, if using, then pour the batter into your prepared pan.
6. Bake for 28-30 minutes. Be careful not to over bake them. Remove from oven and let cool completely before removing from the pan and slicing.
GIVE-AWAY! I’m giving away a 2.2 lb bag of Tropical Traditions Organic Coconut Flour! Coconut flour is high in fiber and protein and is great for those following a grain free or paleo type diet. To enter the give-away:
1. Leave a comment telling us your favorite thing to eat in the fall: dessert, snack, or main meal. (caramel apples, lasagna, squash fritters etc.) The winner chosen will not only win the coconut flour, but I will also recreate their favorite fall treat with a healthy twist!
2. Double your chances by “liking us” on facebook and leave a comment here letting me know.
3. Triple your chances by following The Grecian Garden on twitter and leave a comment here to let me know.
September 17th is the last day to enter the give away.
Have a great weekend and try to avoid the hurricane!!